Freeman stars as Sheik Ilderim in the remake of the 1959 classic starring Charlton Heston. Freeman’s Sudanese sheikh character backs Huston’s character in his quest for freedom. This new Ben-Hur features a more multi-cultural approach and to explain it nobody better that his protagonist; Morgan Freeman.
The so-called Tom Cruise of Brazil spoke with us about his fascination with Cervantes, with Don Quixote. You may recognize Rodrigo Santoro from his roles in movies like Love Actually, 300, What To Expect When You’re Expecting, and Che, among others. The Brazilian-born international talent has a range of films under his belt, from comedy to drama, action to foreign. His latest subtitled flick has the 43-year-old actor playing Jesus, the more challenging role of his career.
As a criminal psychopath implanted with CIA agent Ryan Reynold’s memories, Costner delivers his most energetic performance since Silverado. Kevin Costner’s newest bid for Liam Neeson--style late-career action significance proves to be one of his most solid. He’s the central figure in “Criminal,” a mind-meld espionage yarn featuring the 61-year-old as Jerico, a violent psychopath implanted with a dead CIA spy’s valuable memories.
The Nice Guys is the latest movie from Russell Crowe, a buddy movie where he shares the screen with Ryan Gosling. The typical movie where two guys, very different, end sharing a vision of the world. Holland March (Gosling) and Jackson Healy (Crowe) are tracking down the same missing girl, but when things go terribly awry, the mismatched, fumbling pair are forced to work together.
More Articles ...
- Christoph Waltz: a few actors are as charismatic as the Austrian Christoph Waltz. When the DVD of James Bond comes to the stands we sat with Waltz in México to talk about movies.
- Will Smith. He’s done it in Ali, in The Pursuit of Happiness and now in Concussion.
- Benicio del Toro: "But of course. I’m from Puerto Rico and I feel Latino. It’s my culture, my identity, I do speak Spanish and I embrace who I am"
- Anne Hathaway: "I do have very good friends from Spain who introduced me to the culture and the soccer passion. I watch every match with them. My Spanish words are not the ones you want to recite" (laughs).
- Meryl Streep: "I think one of the best Spanish authors was Lorca. I would love to play one of the characters in any of his plays."