Its headquarters is based in Iria Flavia, opposite the collegiate church of Santa María de Adina, in the buildings known as the Casas de los Canónigos, due to the fact that they were built as residences for canons in the 18th century.
In 1990 Camilo José Cela bequeathed his literary and artistic legacy to this foundation in order to preserve it in its entirety and to disseminate its contents. The main focus is the collection of manuscripts. There is also a wealth of correspondence, a library containing editions of his work and studies of his oeuvre, his own personal library, and magazine and newspaper library with references to the author since 1942 (including the complete collection and archive of the journal Papeles de Son Armadans), in addition to a collection of paintings featuring works by artists such as Picasso and Miró, among other items.
See the video here